2018 Holiday Recipes
Pecans are an excellent source of many essential vitamins and minerals. They also have the highest antioxidant count of any nut. I love snacking on pecans, so this recipe is on repeat in my house! These pecans are slow-roasted at a low temperature, to maintain some of the nutrients. With just a hint of sweetness and crunch, they will be a hit at any party, or a healthy, slightly sweet snack!
3 cups raw, organic pecans
1 egg white
4 T pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 T Ceylon cinnamon (regular cinnamon will work, too)
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with non-toxic parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg white with an electric mixer on HIGH, until foamy (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Lower the mixer to the LOW setting, then add in the vanilla, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt one by one until everything is blended.
4. Fold in the pecans with a large spoon or spatula. Once saturated in the egg white mixture, pour the pecans out onto the baking sheet and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes, stirring them every 10 minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.